The student's disciplinary policies and procedures emphasize the Shifa Institute of Medical Sciences obligation to promote personal freedom, maturity and responsibility of students. Al Shifa College of Pharmacy has special set of interests and purposes essential to its effective functioning. These include:
- The opportunity for students to attain their educational objectives
- The creation and maintenance of an intellectual and educational atmosphere throughout the college.
A student admitted to ACP accepts the responsibility to confirm to all ACP rules and regulations. Proven failure to meet this obligation will justify appropriate disciplinary actions including disciplinary probation, suspension and or expulsion / dismissal.
The following are the general rules and regulation of ACP:
- If any Student, after admission, leaves the college under any circumstances, have to pay the college fees for the remaining period of the whole course. Rules of DME, Govt. of Kerala & Kerala University of Health & Allied Sciences (KUHAS) shall be followed as and when such situations arise.
- Candidate has to secure 80% of attendance for theory classes as well as practical in each subject.
- The candidate must secure 50% marks in internal examination in each subject.
- The candidate must secure 50% marks in external examination separately in each theory and practical examination.
- Students should not break or damage any of the apparatus provided for their use.
- The student should groom professionally and well behaved in the college.
- Students are expected to abide by the rules and regulation framed and amended by the college from time to time.
- Students are expected to maintain highest standards in their academic, professional and private life.
- Students must wear identity card whenever they are inside the college campus.
- No students should stand or loiter about in the corridors during class hours.
- Students are forbidden to write on walls, desks and other pieces of furniture.
- Certain undesired activities such as ragging, taking of alcohol and drugs, smoking, using vulgar language and indulge in violence are strictly prohibited.
- Students should give utmost importance to class work, practicals, home work and sessional examinations.
- No student will be admitted to the classroom unless he/she well equipped with the required instruments and necessities as and when instructed by the concerned faculty members.
- Without prior permission of the Director/Principal, the students should not organize/ conduct Tours, Picnics, cultural programmes etc.
- All the girl students should take admission in Ladies Hostel except those who are coming directly from their houses.
- Students should not damage any of the college properties like furniture, Lab equipments e.tc.
- Any student found to violate any of the rules and regulations of the college or found disturbing the peace in campus as well as off campus will be prosecuted by the Head of Institution, reserving the right to suspend and /or dismiss the student without any prior explanation.
- Subject wise attendance will be taken through out the entire academic year.
- 80% of attendance is compulsory in all subjects for appearing the University examinations.
- Leave availed by the students on medical grounds should be informed to the director and such students should submit a request letter along with the medical certificate, soon after they rejoin the institution.
- Unauthorized leaves will not be considered while calculating the attendance percentage.
- Condonable limit for leave on genuine medical grounds is 24 days during the entire course of study.
- The application for the University exam of those students who fail to satisfy the conditions of attendance percentage will not be recommended and forwarded to the University from the college.
- Incase the shortage of attendance is beyond condonable limit, such students must repeat the course for making up the shortage of attendance to become eligible for the Attendance and Progress Certificate (APC) and then register for the examinations along with their junior batch.
- Students appearing for supplementary examinations will be granted attendance only for the days of their respective examination.
- Students attending Seminars/Cultural competitions will be granted attendance only for that particular day.
- All students should strictly follow the dress code framed by the college.
- Boys students should wear full trousers and full sleeve shirt tucked in with belt and black shoes.
- Students should wear the uniform in a neat and professional way.
- Students not adhering to dress code will not be permitted to attend the classes.
- Students will not be entertained in the college premises for any requirement without proper dress code during working hours.
Dressing rules for students (Female)
- Students must wear Uniform and White coat. (They must wear clean and washed Uniform. Unclean and unwashed Uniform will be the source of cross infection).
- Pallus of Sarees and Dupattas of Churidhars should not be flowing.
- Hair should not be left loose, but should be well groomed, oiled and put up.
- Shoes which cover toes are to be worn.
Dressing rules for students (Male)
- Shirt must be inserted and the first button of shirt must not be left open. Length of pants must be above heel.
- Face must be neatly shaven and hair be groomed well, preferably oiled.
Assessment and Progress :-
The details of the assessment pattern for your studies are set out. Periodic written examinations are distributed throughout the year. There will be minimum distributed throughout the year. There will be minimum 3 sessional exams and one practical in a year for each subject of University Examination.
A minimum of 80% or above attendance separately in theory classes as well as 100 % practicals of each subject is required.
Appraisal of student's performance will be sent to their parents/ guardians after every sessional examination.
Students should remember that they are professionals and mind what they say and do.
- Using cell phone in clinical is a disaster and hence, not permitted.
- Making personal phone calls either from a cell phone or phone at the hospital during clinical time is not permitted.
- Having personal talk with others during clinical time is not allowed.
- Repeatedly going in and out of clinical posting area is inappropriate behavior.
- Sleeping during working hours is not allowed and it is unprofessional and unsafe behavior.
- Student Nurse must treat their patient with respect and dignity.
- The student should maintain their professional ethics, that is :-
- Not to give personal contact address to their patients or bystanders.
- Not to become too friendly with their patients or bystanders.
- Not to handle the patients belongings.
If the Head Nurse considers the behavior of a student is destructive, the student may be asked to leave the clinical area immediately.